Questions? +91 99200 30136
WHAT IS B.E., B.TECH. AND B.ARCH.?
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)
The Bachelor of Technology (commonly abbreviated as B.Tech. or B.Tech.(Hons)) is an undergraduate academic degree conferred after completion of a three or four year program of studies at an accredited university or accredited university-level institution In India, The Bachelor of Technology degree is awarded after completion of a 4 year program. The B.Tech. degree is conferred by government and private institutions in various fields like Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Computer engineering, Electrical engineering, Civil engineering, Chemical engineering, Production Engineering and Textile Engineering, as well as a host of other prestigious institutes (both public and privately funded) for their professional engineering programs.
In India, The Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) is the most preferred course study among the best students and they are looking forward to get admitted in this B. Tech professional degree course desperately to represent themselves on the international platform. It is an undergraduate academic degree conferred after completion of the course, which extends for a period of four years. Nowadays, every student wishes to get a degree in Engineering and Technology, rather than normal graduation. This is because of the high value attached to these graduation courses and the booming development of the IT industry. A B.Tech graduation will enable to students to get more exposure in terms of industry and application when compared to a normal graduation.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
The Bachelor of Engineering (commonly abbreviated as BE or BEng) is an undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student after three to five years of studying engineering at universities in Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The nature of the qualification varies around the world so, hence it may or may not be a professional degree and it may or may not involve undertaking some engineering work. The course may or may not be accredited by a national professional society.
Some institutions award a Bachelor of Science (BSc), Bachelor of Engineering Science (BESc), Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE), or Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) degree to undergraduate students of engineering study. For example, Canada is the only country that awards the BASc degree for graduating engineers. In India, the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) is a degree awarded by many public and private universities. Bachelor of Engineering degree is awarded to a student who has completed four years course (eight semesters) in engineering.
- The entry to B.E is 10+2 years of schooling or completion of Pre University course (PUC).
- Diploma holders in engineering are also eligible for entry into B.E.
- Diploma holders of engineering enter degree course, by lateral entry, which gives some concessions in study of subjects.
- Some of the universities in India award BTech i.e.; Bachelor of Technology instead of B.E for same engineering course
- It is said that as compared to B.E there is a little bit more stress on practicals in B.Tech.
- Some University in India also gives BSc(Engineering) for the same course, it is same as B.E. or B.Tech.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is an undergraduate academic degree designed to satisfy the academic component of professional accreditation bodies, to be followed by a period of practical training prior to professional examination and registration. It is awarded for a course of study that lasts up to five years. In some cases, a B.Arch can only be undertaken after having completed a three-year generalist architectural degree, in which case, it may be as short as two years. Many architecture schools using this bi-partite structure have re-badged their B.Arch programs as M.Arch degrees
All schools/ colleges of Architecture in India, or any department of Architecture within a college, requires that its applicants take the NATA Test. NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It measures aptitude of appilcant for specific field of study, i.e.Architecture
- Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA.
- NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt.
- Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measures for comparing the qualifications of applicants.
- All schools / colleges of Architecture, Government, Government aided, University Departments, private unaided
- Including colleges affiliated to self-financed Deemed Universities and Private Universities
- Department of Architecture within a college, requires that its applicants take the NATA.